Best Cover Letter Writing Services
Are Cover Letter Writing Services Worth It?
There wouldn’t be a single resume, CV, and cover letter service if there was no demand for them. Unfortunately, even with unemployment rates at an all-time low, finding a well-paying, rewarding, and exciting job at the company of your dreams is still a feat of patience and perseverance.
Sometimes it seems like recruiters and human resource managers are out to humiliate you in any way imaginable and destroy your will to live. Some job opening postings call for an eight-armed workaholic who can survive on no sleep and handle the work of a dozen people while getting the minimum wage. Moreover, they expect you to feel grateful for getting this fantastic opportunity to join the rat race.
The job hunt turns even more depressing when your applications and cover letter get no response after a week or ten. That’s when you start looking up cover letter writing services online and consider paying $200 for two pages filled with information you already know.
Is it really worth it? We believe so, and here’s why:
- Professional resume and cover letter writers come from HR and know how to translate your experience and skills into a secret language of recruiters to make your application stand out. This means more interview invitations and callbacks for you.
- The second pair of eyes is irreplaceable when you try to troubleshoot your application paperwork. A professional writer will help you find the weak spots of your resume and cover letter and get rid of them to emphasize your strengths.
- You can transform one resume sample you get for money into dozens of customized applications across several industries. Once you get the principles of selling your best qualities, you won’t need to rely on outside help anymore.
What Do You Need to Know When Paying Someone To Write Your Cover Letter?
First, you can’t just say “write a cover letter for me” and expect a flawless and enticing piece that will land you a dream job. Professional resume and cover letter writers will require a lot more details and information from you before they start crafting your application. A good writer will need:
- Your current CV or resume. Curriculum vitae is a better choice, as it includes your whole work history and skills, allowing the writer freedom to pick and choose the best entries to showcase your achievements.
- Your desired position and company name. A link to a job posting and the company careers page are perfect to illustrate the specifics of your cover letter. A professional writer will rely on this info to tailor your application to the requirements of a specific position and business.
- Detrimental factors that can influence the recruiter’s opinion. Do not hide your lengthy unemployment period, incarceration, or lack of experience from your writer. They need this information to artfully present you in the best light drawing attention away from your shortcomings and directing it towards the benefits you can bring to the table.
Beware of a CV, resume, cover letter service that asks no questions and requests no additional information. They will probably produce a generic piece that will not fit your experience or the job opening you want to apply for. It will be unusable and a total waste of money. However, you won’t even be eligible for a refund, as your initial order will not include any details necessary to customize your cover letter.
How Can You Avoid Scam Services?
A personal recommendation from a close friend guarantees good results in most cases. But what can you do if no one in your circle has used these services before? The research will help.
Google the company name and check out honest reviews on Reddit, Facebook, SiteJabber, Trustpilot, or Yelp. The higher the company’s rating, the more likely it is to produce a solid cover letter for you.
We could write a book on how to tell scam services from legitimate ones, but you don’t have time to read it. Instead, we’ll direct you to our reviews. Our in-depth research includes all aspects of the service from their background and reputation to writing quality and customer support. Reading professional cover letter writing services reviews is your best bet against scam. Moreover, it saves your time and lets you focus on your job hunt instead. This means better and quicker results, successful employment, and a good income in your near future.
How Do We Choose Cover Letter Writing Services?
As you know, ScamFighter started as a way to warn learners against scam writing services when we were still college students. However, once graduation started growing closer, we turned to the professional resume and cover letter services for help. Unsurprisingly, we were met with the same dashed expectations, missed deadlines, poor quality, and an outright scam. That’s why we decided to broaden the scope of our research to help recent graduates and other job hunters who need professional writing help and want to avoid scam.
We check CV, resume, cover letter services the same way we do other writing companies, and we have the same endless list of websites to test. At the onset, we googled the most popular companies and went crazy with requirements, but now our spreadsheet includes several hundred rows, and it’s growing longer every day.
If you got a glowing recommendation from an acquaintance and want us to check out the service before you pay them, just reach out. We’ll add your request to our database and get on it as soon as we can.
We must warn you, though, that we don’t go over ScamFighters’ requests in chronological order. We prioritize them by the number of requests, so there’s no telling when we’ll be able to work on yours. If you are lucky, your email will tip the scales, and we’ll check the company you are interested in next. However, if you are the first one to bring it to our attention, it will be awhile before we can work on it. After all, we are a democracy.
We realize you don’t have the months to wait for us to review the professional cover letter service for you. But please, don’t make any rash decisions. Instead of relying on fake reviews and enticing discounts, choose one of the services from our top picks. Check our take and browse fellow job seekers’ reviews before you entrust your money and your career to a scam.
How Do We Test Cover Letter Writing Services?
Once or twice a week, we place an order for a resume or a cover letter with the top entries in our spreadsheet. We keep a close eye on:
- Company reputation and customer feedback. Well-established businesses that have been around for years and boast dozens of positive reviews on Facebook, Trustpilot, and Sitejabber get instant points from us. However, we try to weed out fake reviews, both positive and negative. The former are too glowing without providing any details on the results. The latter usually drag the company through the mud and recommend another in one breath. You’ll note our comments on both if you read our detailed reviews.
- Order form and payment process. Convoluted order forms that take more than five minutes to fill in are also a drawback. However, we are wary of companies that take money first and ask for order details later.
- Rates and discounts. After reviewing dozens of the cover letter writing services, we have a good grasp on average prices and can tell you when the company is going too low or too high. We also let you know of any discounts and promo codes we find. You can see them on our top charts. Hidden fees, freebies, and extra services make it to our reviews as well. We’ll warn you if the company tries to be sneaky and charge more than necessary.
- Customer support and writer experience. Unlike college papers, cover letters and resumes require constant communication with the writer to ensure you are on the same page concerning your skills, experience, and tone of voice. We share our take on the writers’ and support agents’ demeanor. There is no guarantee you’ll get to talk to the same people, but every employee reflects on the company services, and we’ll help you avoid unnecessary stress of miscommunication.
You’ll notice most of our reviews share the same structure. We have developed it at the onset of ScamFighter to help you navigate our ramblings and find the information you need quickly. We try to make each review a well-rounded assessment that enables you to make the right choice. However, we are always ready to change and adapt. So if you have suggestions on how we can make our reviews more helpful for your fellow job seekers, please, let us know.
How Much Does Cover Letter Writing Cost?
The prices go from $80 to $100 and beyond. The rates vary because most companies charge more the higher position you aim for. For example, if you are a recent graduate, your cover letter will cost $100, but if you are a seasoned professional, you’ll have to pay $120. Executive-level writing and cover letters for federal positions are usually the most expensive.
Your timeframe is another factor that affects the price. Some companies offer a standard turnover time of 24 or 48 hours and charge the same price. Others offer you a chance to save by extending the deadline. For instance, a 24-hour deadline can ratchet up the price by $50 compared to a 5-day deadline.
Most writing agencies will try to compel you to order additional services. These may include thank-you and follow-up letters, LinkedIn profiles, VIP support, and more. On the other hand, if you opt for a job application bundle, such as a resume and cover letter combo, you can save up to 20%. Proofreading and editing are also available and a lot cheaper, but don’t try to fool the writer into rewriting your cover letter from scratch. They have strict guidelines on the number of corrections. If your papers need more work, the company will simply charge you extra upon order delivery.
Unlike academic help companies, resume and cover letter writing services are not generous with discounts. Considering the cutthroat competition, they try to keep the prices at their lowest and adding discounts would make them lose money. That said, you should definitely subscribe to their newsletters and wait for a national holiday season to get a discount, especially if you need a full job application package.
If you choose the resume and cover letter writing service based on price alone, please, remember:
- You pay for your career advancement. If you go as cheap as you can find, the results will most likely disappoint you. A low-quality cover letter will not get you an interview invitation. Moreover, you might get black-listed and lose any chance of landing your dream job.
- A cover letter is not a college essay. If you are used to paying per page and expect to see a certain word count for the money you spend, think again. Your chances of getting hired do not depend on the length of the cover letter. It’s the content and your ability to sell your skills that count. Don’t be surprised by $100 price tag on a one-page piece.
- Crafting a cover letter takes time. Remember how many hours and days you have wasted trying to come up with a compelling cover letter. Now multiply the number by the minimum wage, and you’ll get the price of the cover letter service. HR and recruiter professionals will handle the task a lot faster, but they won’t do it for $7.25 per hour either.
Please, note that the prices listed in our top resume services lists are the lowest we could find on the companies’ websites. Your order total will probably be higher depending on your professional level, additional features, and the deadline. Always check your order and price twice before paying, as you’ll have a hard time squeezing a refund from the writing company.
My Cover Letter Was Poorly Written. What Can I Do?
If you are asking this question, we assume you aren’t ready to accept your fate and move on. That’s the spirit! At this stage, you have two options.
Option one is to get a revision, but:
- You must request it within the free revision window (5 to 14 days, sometimes more) or you will have to pay for editing services.
- You can’t add new requirements to your order, only emphasize the original instructions and explain how the writer did not follow them.
- You won’t get a full rewrite from the writer. In most cases, they go over the cover letter once more to remove typos and mistakes, make small corrections.
- You might need more than one revision. If your writer couldn’t get it right on the first try, the second one might be even worse. You’ll have to be patient and willing to communicate your requirements again and again until you are satisfied.
- You will waste valuable time. If you are on a deadline, endless revisions might rob you of a chance to submit your application in time, as it can take hours and days.
Option number two is getting a refund. However, it is not an easy task. You can get a partial refund if your order was late or if you are unhappy with the writing quality. If you go with the latter reason, you need to be clear about the downsides of the professional cover letter writers’ service. Quality assurance department will review your claims and decide whether you get a refund and how much money they are willing to return. Fair warning: full refunds are nearly impossible to secure, as you can’t cite plagiarism or zero interview invitations as your evidence.
We always encourage you to talk to the support team before you take drastic action. If you run into a brick wall, our Dispute Resolution Center is here for you. Reach out, explain your misgivings, and wait for our team to work their magic. We can’t promise a full refund, but you are likely to get at least some of your money back.
As always, an honest review is the most powerful weapon in your arsenal. Even if it doesn’t get your money back, it gives you a satisfaction of ruining the company’s reputation and of warning unsuspecting job seekers. Your reviews are always welcome on ScamFighter!
Remember, ScamFighter has your back in job seeking and getting the best professional cover letter writing service online!