How to Plagiarize Without Getting Caught
What is Considered Plagiarism
Plagiarism is a phenomenon that you can face in many spheres of life. It can be detected in literature, movies, songs, but most people become familiar with it in school while writing essays, research papers, and other pieces of academic works. So, academic plagiarism is what everyone is most familiar with.
Those students who were caught with a plagiarized work know themselves that they have done it, but for some reason hoped that their little lie would not be uncovered. Your academic paper will contain plagiarism if you do the following:
- Take someone’s work and present it as if it was you who wrote it. In this case, the possibility of plagiarism is 100%, especially if you downloaded the work from the Internet; but since the hard copy will show the same result, do not rely on this method either.
- Copy and paste some paragraphs, while writing the major part of the work yourself. In this case, your work will contain the percentage of plagiarism equal to the percentage of paragraphs that you have borrowed from other works in relation to the whole text. In other words, if around 20% of all paragraphs are not written by you, but copied and pasted from other sources, the plagiarism score will be something like 20%. Even if you take only 1 small paragraph of unoriginal text, the plagiarism program will still detect it and show the amount of unoriginal text, even though it is only a few percents.
- Copy and paste no more than one sentence per paragraph or less. This method will not work either. A plagiarism detection tool will still find the unoriginal text even if you take these sentences from different sources.
All these cases are considered as academic plagiarism because you intentionally borrow pieces of texts which do not belong to you, no matter whether it is one sentence or an entire paragraph. However, in some cases, a student who did not copy and paste any sentences from works of other authors may find out that his or her paper has plagiarism. How is that possible? In such cases, you will be dealing with accidental plagiarism, which in fact is as bad as the ordinary one. Nevertheless, let’s try to understand its nature and how it may happen that your work contains it.
How to Avoid Accidental Plagiarism?
Accidental plagiarism can take place if you do one of the following things.
- Rewrite somebody’s text. Rewriting sentences or entire paragraphs may also be the cause of accidental plagiarism. It depends on your writing skills and a plagiarism detection tool. For instance, Turnitin is very and very picky, and it is very difficult to trick it with such a method. How does Turnitin detect paraphrasing? That’s a bit complicated question, and you will hardly find a certain answer, but one thing I can say for sure: if you want to beat Turnitin, a simple changing of the sentence structure, adding more words, or replacing adjectives will not be enough. Turnitin will easily detect it and even show the source that you used for rephrasing.
- Write somebody’s idea in your own words. Technically, it should not be detected as plagiarism unless you don’t do it too frequently. For example, a couple of rephrased sentences will not spoil your work. However, if you misuse this method, a plagiarism detection tool will underline some separate words or expressions as if they were plagiarized.
- Do not use proper in-text citation. It is not forbidden to use direct quotes in your work, but only when it is really necessary and until you do not put such quotes too often. Each direct quotation should be properly formatted, or it will be considered plagiarism. I’d also recommend you to avoid direct quotes and use them as little as possible to avoid possible undesired plagiarism.
These are the most common reasons which explain why you may have plagiarism in your work, although you didn’t copy and paste anything. Make sure that you do not do these three things which will surely lead to accidental plagiarism.
Plagiarizing Without Getting Caught
A dream of many students is to find a way of how to not get caught cheating. Well, that’s impossible, but there are a few tricks that can work. These methods can allow you to borrow some pieces of work, which is actually plagiarism, but still get a 100% unique paper. If you need proofs that it is true and that the methods I am talking about really work, just use any of the plagiarism detection programs. Just google “free plagiarism checker reddit” and you will immediately find a list of such tools which do not request money for usage. Test these methods and see for yourself that they can bring you benefits.
Wikipedia is your best friend
Every time your teacher gives you yet another assignment with detailed instructions, you can see there a requirement to use only credible sources, which means no Wikipedia. Sometimes, this site is even separately listed as the source that you cannot use for work. We all know why Wikipedia is considered an inappropriate source but, truth be told, the information you can find on this site is quite often accurate, and what is more important, given in a brief manner. So, it is a perfect way to learn the main points on your topic in about 15 minutes. Without it, you can still spend around half a day reading books, magazines, and periodic articles, but still get the same. The point is to save a lot of time on research and rewrite information from Wikipedia, at least some pieces. Will your teacher know about that? Of course, no, unless you mention Wikipedia in the list of references.
You may say that Wikipedia is good, but your paper requires citations, and there should be at least two of them per page. If I use Wikipedia, what should I cite? - You can cite any other credible source which has information on the same topic. It is a 100% winning strategy, especially, if you are writing a paper in an APA style because there, when placing a citation, the only things you need to indicate are an author’s name and the year of publication. So, your citation is something there on one of the pages of a 300 or 400-page book. Will anybody check that? Of course not.
You can use false citations even if you have a format which requires to indicate a certain page. Will that work? In 99% of cases, that will work too, and you will not be caught. Do you think that your teacher has all the books, articles, and magazines at hand? Or that he will check each and every citation that you make, which, by the way, there can on average be about 20 per work? Of course, he won’t, so you can use this little trick in order not to lose score points for lack of citations and make your assignment look more credible.
Will Turnitin detect plagiarism if I paraphrase a couple of sentences or even a paragraph? A high probability is it will. But what if you decide to paraphrase a larger piece of information like a couple of pages and will not use a primitive tactic of adding more adjectives or replacing words with synonyms? Paraphrasing does work if you do it the right way. Instead of trying to borrow a couple of sentences, think more globally. Do not paraphrase sentence by sentence. Read a paragraph from which you want to take information or more and write the main points in your own words. You should take ideas, not copycat an author’s style, sentence structure, or word choice.
I do not consider this method a reliable one and trustworthy because once a teacher understands the trick, there will not be a chance for you to say that you did it accidentally or that it was just a mistake. However, if you want to know how to copy and paste without plagiarizing software like quetext, then this method can help you. There are some letters in other languages which are the same as in English, for example, you can find “a,” “i,” or “e” in a Cyrillic alphabet. So, if you change the English “a” with the Cyrillic “a”, the word will still look the same, but for a plagiarism tool, it will be a non-existing word and hence, original. You can copy and paste an entire paragraph, change letters in some words, and get a 100% unique text. Yes, that’s cheating and obviously plagiarism, but if you have no other choice, this will work. I’d recommend using this approach as a last resort though.
Surfing the Internet, looking for more ways to trick plagiarism detection tools, I stumbled upon the how to plagiarize without getting caught reddit post. There, I found an idea that seemed a bit controversial, but which can work too. People talked about some tools called a word rearranger. Technically, it is the same as when you substitute the words with synonyms or extend a sentence by adding more adjectives to reduce plagiarism. So, first, I didn’t notice any value in this piece of advice, but then I figured out that you can use this tool several times, and it will change the words again and again until you get a custom text. Just copy and paste a text and click the button a few times to receive a new text. I am not sure that it will vanquish academic plagiarism in 100% of cases, but at least it will significantly reduce it, and the rest you can change by yourself, saving a lot of time on writing or paraphrasing.
How to Not Plagiarize
As you can see, there are some ways which you can use to add some free non-plagiarized content in your work. However, none of these methods can help you to unplagiarize the whole paper, and there is still a chance that you can be caught on using somebody’s ideas without proper citation. But what about some really reliable methods which, on the one hand, allow you not to write a paper by yourself, and on the other hand, get a 100% unique paper? Is it possible to find a way like this?
Actually, yes, this method does exist. There are companies which provide academic writing services to students. For example, you need to write a 4-page essay. You visit a site of one of such companies, place an order, and wait until they do all the work for you. Your assignment will be completed according to the deadline you set and the instructions you provide. The companies guarantee 100% unique papers written from scratch according to the topic and instructions you provide.
On our site, you can find reviews of these writing companies. Some of them are good, others are not. That’s why we created a list of top-rated essay writing companies that have a solid reputation. These services are considered the most trustworthy and reliable according to our own investigation and the opinion of many customers who have been using these services many times. If you decide to use one of these companies from our top list, you will get a 100% unique paper, and you will not need to ponder on how to write a plagiarism free paper anymore.
Confidentiality of clients is one of their supreme goals. No one will ever know that you are ordering from essay writing services. Your personal information will be kept secret, and there is not a chance for your professor to figure out that you have ever used the assistance of companies like this.